View Single Post
Old 27th January 2023, 19:20
Enthusiast

peterux is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterux View Post
Hopefully, the weather will stay mild enough to carry on with the trimming....
Of course, the weather immediately plunged back below zero in my garage and combined with a nasty head cold has slowed my progress over the last two weeks. But I have managed to (almost) complete three more panels.

Firstly, the passenger side 'a' post cover had to be modified to fit because I mounted the ECU behind the side bar. I then covered it in a piece of carpet and fixed it to the 'a' post with some plywood packing pieces. (the cover is to the left in this photo)

'A' post cover by Sabrebuilder, on Flickr

Next I tackled the door sill panel. The original sill cover panels were made of thin plywood covered in carpet but these had rotted due to the years of damp storage conditions. So, I remade them out of 2mm thick aluminium and then covered them in scrim foam and navy vinyl.

Sill cover by Sabrebuilder, on Flickr

Then on to the passenger door card...
The door cards on the Sabre are brilliantly designed GRP mouldings. First I had to clean off the old adhesive and repaire a broken corner. I also found that I needed to trim about 5mm off the bottom edge of the card to clear the door seal.

Passenger Door Card by Sabrebuilder, on Flickr

I then covered the card in scrim foam and cream vinyl. The inner window draught seal still to be fitted as I needed to order some tiny screws to fix it to the door card.

Passenger Door Card by Sabrebuilder, on Flickr

A little plain atm but I plan to have some professionally trimmed door cards made post IVA and registration to match the seats.

More trimming next week........

..................peter

Last edited by peterux; 6th February 2023 at 20:17.. Reason: typo