Thread: Cordite Doors
View Single Post
Old 27th October 2012, 09:00

Charman.tech is on a distinguished road
Default No doors G46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Towed View Post
The adaptable frame approach and using a template to cut the door skin directly from the body after it's bonded to the chassis sounds like an excellent solution. As you've already picked up, it'll reduce your production cost and complexity and leave the decision to the builder to have no doors, two doors or even one door, which is something I'd considered to give it a Le Mans look.

I did ask Gary J about doors when I ordered my kit in June 2011, but I have to say, I'm perfectly happy without them. My car is only 30" from ground level to cockpit edge so it's easy to climb over the side, while I've recently boarded a Triumph Spitfire and a Lotus Elise, both of which had doors, and found them harder to get into than my door free Spyder.

You pays your money, you takes your choice.

We are not going to have doors on the G46 and the cockpit edge is 810 mm above GL (approx 32 inches) a bit of a leap but by the time the car is set up they will be nearer 760 mm ( approx 30 inches)

But would like side screens!!!!!!!!!!!!

and as said earlier jumping over is easier to get out of than a cobra 289 with doors