View Single Post
Old 3rd January 2017, 14:27

Rickard is on a distinguished road
Default Happy new year to all in this forum

Hi, I am thinking that it is best to sum up my building situation - I have been busy with helping my neighbours, so more time to think about the building situation instead...

I have made some adjustments in the transmission tunnel - because the automatic gearbox are a little bit wider than manual (looking the same on the other side - better picture later...). I have also made a new gearbox mount - the holes of Marlin was not in the right places to fit the gearbox.

Then I have been thinking of how to make the most of BMW steering parts so I can survive the first of two SFRO inspections. I found a way to split the longer steering shaft that Marlin provides in the kit and then make some new parts to fit them together in a mechanical way so SFRO will be happy (which prohibits welding, if you canĀ“t have a materiel test that shows how it will act in a crashsituation). I have a better picture soon...

Next challenge will be a new setup with standing pedals instead of Marlins kit, I have to cut out and weld in a small box that allows the pedal fits in the firewall. This just for the main brake cylinder not to interfere with engine intake - this is for having the steering in the opposite side of the car from a british way.

The radiator mounting should be a smaller problem - thanks to Morris_Marlin excellent pictures at Flickr. I have a little adjustment made on the radiator which should make it easier I hope.

Then next move will be fitting the electric wiring from the engine through the firewall.

I also have to mount all braking and fuel lines before SFRO inspection.

After that it is electric wiring time....

So soon I can move into the warm part of our garage.... ( I tries to make all mechanical changes and welding in the bigger garage).