View Single Post
Old 4th September 2017, 08:28

Welshkiwi is on a distinguished road
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanA View Post
Anyone can take a splash mould and turn out a reasonable facsimile of a panel.
However, Chris and Dan took a set of plywood formers, adapted them to suit the Z3 wheelbase and track and then sculpted a properly proportioned body that forms the basis for some rather good looking cars.
I totally agree - There are always cheap options/cheap builders, cars that people are just not interested in because of fit, finish or other factors, such as just so damn fugly because of lack of time, interest or commercials take over. We are all in this game for one thing, the love of cars, the build and the fine-tuning of the product. I know I am newish to the forum, but have been around the kit industry long enough to know that we all build differently, spec differently and finish differently. What is one persons "beauty" is anothers "beast". I for one am impressed what Chris and Dan are putting out, the ability of some very talented guys to take their dreams and sweat and turn it into something we covet.

Lets not squibble about cost. If it is too much, don't do it. If is almost too much but the love of what we do is burning enough......You'll do it whatever the cost. I for one am excited about being part of this journey and I believe Chris is well placed to get me there. Certainly don't want the manufacturer falling down during the process!