View Single Post
Old 12th October 2016, 16:55

Jaguartvr is on a distinguished road
Default Boot Lid Adjustmet

Boot lid doesn't fit too well, O/S front corner sits proud, N/S front cornet sits low and the back edge sits about 8mm too far back sticking out over the rear. The low side can be overcome by packing under the hinge, I did try packing part of the proud side as suggested but it didn't help.
I decided to try and curve the boot lid some more, that should in theory lower the front and pull the back in.
I sliced the two side ribs underneath, tensioned them with a pair of ratchet steps and held it in place with builders band. The two rear corners sat further in and looked much better but the centre still needed pulling in. The proud corner also sat much better. I then cut a slice through the numberplate housing, it's shape was stopping the panel from bending. I then fixed the slices with some GRP tape.

The boot lid sat much better but was still a little too proud in the centre at the back.
To get the back to sit further back I put a hydraulic ram in the boot and pushed it out a little, cut some slices and grp taped them.
The boot lid now sits a lot better, a bit of sanding and packing should get it to an acceptable fit.