View Single Post
Old 12th March 2016, 18:56
Enthusiast

micky1mo is on a distinguished road

Took the car for it's MOT test yesterday which it passed.

On the drive to the MOT station I had problems with the clutch, which turn out to be the slave cylinder and the mudguard stays rubbing the wheels after the suspension had settled.

Today I fitted a new clutch slave cylinder, re-bent the mudguard stays and continued/started the "road development" stage.

I contact John (the owner) to tell him what was happening and he soon joined me complete with flying helmet and goggles.

With much effort John climbed into the car ready for his first drive but managed to jam down the clutch pedal so hard a screw-driver was need to release it.
Undeterred, he did get on the road and slowly gained confidence/speed I think we once touched 40mph but had to stop as John nearly lost his flying helmet .
Our combined weight caused more problem with the mudguard stays so I'll re-bend them again in the morning.

All-in-all it's been a fun if not challenging build and John has been a pleasure to work with.

IMHO the car looks as if it's been around for years and has a oldie-worldie charm about it and should be let alone to age gracefully but it's John car and he'll do what he want's with it.