View Single Post
Old 5th February 2016, 18:13

swifty is on a distinguished road

Ive gone for a pair of Securon 700 3 point harnesses which hopefully should be here early next week, just have to figure out where to mount etc. Thanks for the advice guys.

After much debate Ive also gone for a quick release steering wheel mount for two reasons one for easy access in and out of the car and secondly a good anti theft deterrent, it was the access issue that made my mind up as there's very little room between the seat and steering wheel what with not getting any younger either. The anodizing company has been on the phone to say the parts are ready so next week i will pop over to collect then start to fit the bright work which i am looking forward to start.

IMG_6352.jpg IMG_6354.jpg

The original steering wheel boss in the right hand image will have to be cut down and an ally adapter made to suit the old boss and new quick release mount.

I had originally thought the quick release boss would mount directly onto the top of the original boss and the steering wheel on to the quick release boss, but this idea throws the steering wheel too far off the dash so to keep the spline part of the original boss that fits the steering column means cutting the center section out to keep the steering wheel close to the dash as originally intended.

It will simply mean turning an adapter disc to suit both parts and drilling the spline part to bolt to the new adapter plate or at least that's what i intend to do.

Will post pictures once finished.

Also found this beautiful example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ift3BkNwZLo

Last edited by swifty; 5th February 2016 at 21:18..