View Single Post
Old 15th March 2015, 11:13

thecarbuilder246 is on a distinguished road
Default uprights and suspension

Hi all
I like all of he ideas you've come up with.There sure is alot of talent out there!
Adapting some manufacturers existing uprights / hubs may be the best way to go though.These will have the most r&d gone into them. I know bespoke items could be made but then price comes into it as one off's tend to be extremely expensive!
I'm sure some where on here I've read that upmarket audi's have alloy uprights?It's just finding something suitable to start with. I have approached several top end kit car manufacturers but they are reluctant to sell just uprights/hubs or want silly money for them.
On another note does anyone on here know how dimensionally accurate the classic replicas chassis was? One (I think it was one) popped up on ebay recently.Looked a step up from the deon chassis, although it was a bare chassis with no suspension/wishbones or further information.Built to take the alfa v6 engine.I do like the cascu dino chassis but needing so many original dino components that are either sky high in price or no longer available does put me off a little. And a dino308 could be used as a donor not all parts carry across either.Plus these are now going up in price this also seems a none starter.I thought maybe a classic replica chassis and a cascu shell.
ian