View Single Post
Old 20th February 2015, 17:22

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

An outlay of twenty thousand euros should result in the, erm, Rolls Royce of Ferrari replicas.

Unless you're paying someone else to build it or using a Z3M as a donor, I think you could get a decent example on the road for not much more than half that figure.

With the body kit retailing at about 5,000 euros, a donor for around 3,000, and allowing another 4,000 for wheels/tyres, lights, filler and paint, where's the other 8k going to be spent?

I'm hoping to get one of these started myself in the not too distant future, and I'll be budgeting for a spend of about £7,500 which will include a complete interior transformation. That's only a fag-paper over 10,000 euros at the current exchange rate.

It would be possible to spend an awful lot more of course: I'm aiming to use BMW E39 steel wheels and try to make them look like Dunlop Racing wheels, but if you go for genuine Borranis with bespoke adaptors and fit them with Vredestein Sprint Classics, you could blow ten grand on the wheels alone.

Anyway, however much you spend I'd love to see a build thread getting started soon.

Last edited by Mister Towed; 20th February 2015 at 17:29..