View Single Post
Old 9th December 2013, 20:42

morris is on a distinguished road

That would also explain why I can't get my doors to sit as close to the outer edge of the tub as you. Mine look much more like those of other recent builders such as Nigel which would make sense if they've been curved for the last few years.

I wouldn't worry about it if they both curve by the same amount (as mine do) though it does mean you need a slightly large gap underneath to accomodate the dip down on the rear inner corner.

I fitted my nearside A panel on Sunday and can confirm that a couple of whacks with a lump hammer did bring the steel above the door into parallel with the chassis rail . The front edge of the panel is not quite vertical by a few mm at the bottom but it will be covered by the bonnet seal so doesn't matter. I did attempt to fold the trailing edge in but this ended in too much twisting around the louvres so I just trimmed with tin snips. I may pop some edging on for IVA in case it counts as an exposed sharp edge. I've also thought of just making a fresh one with new ali as I don't really see the point of the louvres there anyway.