View Single Post
Old 8th December 2013, 16:03

davecymru is on a distinguished road

I've been away the weekend, but now I'm back I thought I'd post an update as to what is going on.

Basically as i said in my last post I'm finding that now the nights have drawn-in i simply don't have enough room to work on the car indoors in the evenings and even small jobs are a pain in the backside with the limited space i have.

e.g. i fixed the brakes, went to open the engine cover and the plastic on the release catch shattered as it was brittle due to age:

And even thought I've got a replacement (shown below), it's been a right royal pain to do in the garage and i simply have no time at weekends to get it all outside to do so i've put it off and off

And as I bought the car to work on it exactly this way. i.e. tinker! and I've built up a large parts collection of minor things to potter with, every small job is a right pain with such restricted space and i have to finally admit defeat.

e.g. my stash of parts built up over the years that i wanted to upgrade / replace :

New sidelight/indicators, air box to modify, the small Countach/Fiat vents ready to fit in the back cabin wall, New side repeaters ready to be fitted when i relocate them, 2 new interior door releases i bought 'just in case', the 'proper' Raid 2 steering wheel i bought and has sat in a box for ages!, the new boot/engine release catch ready to repalce the ones that's just shattered, a new ashtray, Maserati switches ready for the centre console overhaul, some spare door locks/strikers to see if it could add central locking and a few other bits-n-bobs!

But sadly I've had to admit to myself that each one of those small tinkering tasks that i was so looking forward to is actually going to take me ages given the facilities i have and so I've done less and less on the car over the past few months and now is the time to move it on to someone who will do it justice!

What i am going to do is post a ton of pics of it as it is _now_ in order to wrap up my time with the car and and hopefully whoever has it off of me can carry on a restoration/upgrade thread?

Last edited by davecymru; 8th December 2013 at 16:53..