Thread: Stewarts build
View Single Post
Old 21st December 2012, 10:11

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

Silver is a great colour on almost any car imho.

White's made a come-back recently after a couple of decades in the doldrums. Something to do with Apple using it for all their trendy electronic toys for young folks I believe.

There'll be a hint of I-Pod white on mine as I'm going for a white grille and racing roundels. I'm hoping it'll subtly complement the silver paint rather than clash like black would.

Shame the vinyl wrap didn't work out for you, would've liked to have seen how it turned out.

There's always 'liquid chrome' if you want a stunning, polished aluminium warplane look and your budget will allow -

http://www.chromepaint.com/shop/liquid-chrome/

I looked at this a year or so ago and it would've cost about a grand for four litres so it looks like it's come down in price by about 40% since then. That could mean they're selling a lot of it and have been able to pass the volume production savings on to the customer.

Although it's still expensive compared to conventional paint it doesn't appear to need flatting and polishing for days and days after it's applied. So long as the prep is done right it looks like you spray it on and you're done. Worth thinking about...