View Single Post
Old 18th December 2012, 17:12

oxford1360 is on a distinguished road
Default Question for those already on the road

I hope that some of you lucky people who have a roadworthy Sammio might be able to answer a question that I have been pondering, and has been brought to the top of my "important things to consider list" by enjoying the pics of Dave's former car.

Given that the Sammio seating position (usually against the bulkhead) is significantly further back than in the Herald, is it a bit of a reach to the unmodified gear knob? It strikes me that the knob won't fall naturally to hand (fnaar, fnaar).

In the interests of handling I am close to swapping the suspension turrets to move the engine/box back by the width of the turrets.

I need to decide in the next week or so whether I am going to go down this route. Getting the prop shaft shortened isn't a big deal. The only thing that is stopping me is a desire to keep the mechanical side of things unchanged to avoid introducing any problems.

If the position of the gear knob would be improved by the move, then this might just swing the decision.

Yes, I know it is simple to modify the gear lever, and that is my fall back solution if I keep the turrets the right way round.

Views please.
Available from eBay