View Single Post
Old 6th November 2012, 22:44

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by micha View Post
there is only 1 picture showing a person in a WW2 uniform... 17 postings above.

"That still doesn't excuse your posting of the image that you did and what it represented. It had nothing to do with this thread."

my picture has exactly the same thing to do as this ww2 person....surplus, there are lots of things inside this thread which have nothing to do with the original posting.

this thread starts escalating...we are already on a level where I , as a german person, has been confrontated with WW2 pictures, paradigms and prejudices!!! we are in year 2012 and those "things" should normally be out of discussion!!!

I think the trouble is that WWII for us Brits is cause for both sadness at the unimagineable inhumanity of it all and celebration at the defeat of what any right minded individual would consider to be a truly evil regime.

I can understand why the current population of Germany would rather everyone forgot about that war completely, and the one before it (I mean WWI, of course, not the Spanish civil war where Adolf you-know-who had his stormtroopers hone their BlitzKrieg skills) and focussed on the more recent industrial success that Germany has enjoyed, but so many people in so many countries were affected by the Nazi war machine that it's still a subject of much interest virtually everywhere else apart from Germany.

As for prejudice based on nationality, you only have to watch an episode of Dads Army, It Ain't 'alf 'ot mum, Blackadder goes forth or 'Allo Allo' to see that we Brits are quite happy to ridicule every combatant nation, not least ourselves, that participated in the two world wars.

Comment removed

Towed that was inappropriate and you know it. Don't just don't.

Last edited by JG; 6th November 2012 at 22:51..