Thread: Build progress
View Single Post
Old 2nd April 2006, 15:52
Enthusiast

Patrick is on a distinguished road

A quick trip to B&Q and one hardcore MAPP blow tourch later the two oil pipes are bent out of the way of the steering column with ease!

CBS Throttle cable through the bulk head. The thread on this had to be chopped back so the pedal could move all the way up. We've bolted on throttle cable at the other end - the cable is current 5m long which is a bit much! The throttle is still a bit stiff with the long cable - We're hoping that it will loose a bit once its shortend.

Parts from the donor heater system - The two pipes use opposite connector types therefore when connected we can use this as an inline electric controlled valve to regulate the amount of hot water that flows through the system from a control on the dash - much nicer than a manual valve hidden under the dash!

-----------------------

Following on from this thread: http://www.talkaudio.co.uk/vbb/showthread.php?t=151195

I'm looking for someone to build an exhaust for me:

Quote:
Originally Posted by black-cat
Patrick, do you want something good or something loud, badly made and bad for the engine?

Do you need the manifold making too?
Something good and something that's less than 101db (1 meter from tip - SVA req.)

Yes need a manifold too.

EDIT: Budget wise I've got around £800 to play with - maybe a bit more if its something really good.

Looks wise I'd like pipes out the side of the engine bay - like this only evenly spaced:

Finishing with the pipe on the side - similar to this only with 6 pipes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kw_maher
didnt know you were building that. just looked through your site, and am impressed. nice read - well done

Thank you! I will be updating the site later today with new pics as I've been busy this weekend!

EDIT:

As far as manifold design goes for the M20 engine - this is supposed to be very good - not good for me as I dont want an underbody exhaust:

http://www.xsperformance.co.uk/e30zo...ages/btb23.JPG