View Single Post
Old 21st April 2012, 15:24

davecymru is on a distinguished road

As long as this weather holds, it's the first "offical" trip out tomorrow

I'm massively self consious that my paint job isn't up to the std of some of the garage queens likely to be there, but then again another thread did make me think that it just looks _lived in_ so as long as i don't tell people that it's just done, i think that it pulls off the "in need of a renovation" look quite well

I've purposefully not done anything to it over the past few weeks as i didn't want to tempt fate, but i did pick up a new thermostat from e-bay and i thought i'd quickly flush the rad and fit that yesterday as surely that couldn't go wrong!

But this is ME that we're talking about!

The new thermostat was simply rubbish! When compared to the old one the quality of the new one is dreadful, it didn't open properly and it didn't open until the engine was much warmer So it's been swapped back out again and the old one is working fine with the newly flushed system. ho humm.
Which is fine, BUT.....
When i was changing it, the bonnet fell shut and my bulge now has a small patch of crazy-paving courtesy of a screwdriver that was left on the top of the thermostat housing.

Just adds to the lived-in look that i was aiming for all along - honest -