View Single Post
Old 25th January 2012, 19:49
Enthusiast

peterux is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by addict View Post
for got to proof read try this

hi this is the story guy offers a trade on my elan for a mk indy kitcar . so far so good its a lotus 7 type of car,
after a short chat re the spec of his car he lets slip its on the logbook as a dutton lotus ? and has a 67 age related plate. and so its tax exempt.....
the thing is im sure the car should be on a Q plate . my old dutton from back when i was 17 had a Q built in 86 that one was .
im kinda thinking the car could of been cloned on to a age related plate to save tax .
or maybe back in the day when kits did not need the sva test u could if u used the engine gearbox and axels from the same car get the cars plate ?
what do u think .
but if its a mk indy now started as a sierra was a dutton where in the hell did it get a 67 plate ?
maybe if it was a cortina once ?

also the car has no weather gear just fly screens and i live in rainy town aka manchester ?
Hi and welcome!

If you are sure it is a genuine MK Indy, then avoid this car like the plague. I sounds like it has not been properly tested and registered and just been given the Reg number of an old Dutton. That is illegal and will probably be picked up at the next MOT.