View Single Post
Old 20th October 2011, 19:36

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

THANKS ....

I am very pleased with just how the body fits...

We locate the rear by slotting it over the exhaust pipe tips....there is a mould scar on the rear valance , that when cut out with a hole saw or similar creates the holes to give the car valance exiting exhaust tips ...the body just drops into place.

We are offering a basic 'goalpost' frame - one across the rear bulkhead area ro support the body there and two at the front across under the dash ..this will brace and support the body as well as giving a mounting point for the steering column. These goalpost hoops are tied together along the cills with little outrigger style brackets to fit the doorstep down to...

The rest of the body location is done by fitting plywood or similar bulkheads , kick panels , cover panels etc. The Scimitar provides all flooring , tunnel etc.

I think these will be even easier to buld than a Spyder as the fuel tank location , floor , tunnel etc is all done for you....door hinges are to be external mini style ( think Herald bootlid ! ) screen will be D-type style , front and sides ....

The development example ( ORCA ) is being built for a French customer ...I will add a build thread to this forum in the next week or so , as it develops....