View Single Post
Old 19th October 2011, 12:45
Kit Car Dreamer

martin butler is on a distinguished road
Default new build locost,s and iva hang ups

Hi after being with out a kit car for over a year now, ive decided to have a go at building a locost, making the chassis isnt a problem, ive made one in the past ,and ive got the necessary skills .
But what is, is how much do i have to change during the build to meet the new IVA regulations, im basing it on the chris gibbs version, ive also got the Mcsorty 442 plans what in the book is not right that i should be aware of?

i have not thought about donors yet, i think i will get the chassis made and done first sierra's are getting very thin on the ground now and are not cheep anymore the only cheep fords are all front wheel drive how easy would it be to convert front wheel drive hubs with a bolt on adaptor to take the place of the drive shaft and fit a gearbox and rear diff ? , i do have a machine shop at work and could make adaptor plates etc then all i have to find is a suitable box and diff , unless i redesign the whole thing to use an transverse engine driving the rear wheels has anyone actually made a rear engined locost?
Available from eBay