Thread: Running reports
View Single Post
Old 24th October 2010, 12:39
Enthusiast

peterux is on a distinguished road

We had planned a little trip yesterday but after moving the car out of the garage, the engine started misfiring badly and had no power. It would start and run but wouldn't rev past 2000 rpm and and attempted blast down the road turned in a walking pace kangaroo hop up and down my road. The engine was coughing and small backfires which it had never done before.
I removed the spark plugs and gave them a clean but no difference.
Anyway, after a bit of trial and error I discovered it was the connector to the MAF. I'll have to get some of that contact cleaner stuff.

I took the car for a 30 mile blast this morning and everything is now back to normal. Great day for a little drive in the bright sunshine, just a liitle chilly.

On an unrelated note, if started buying some bits for my engine build. I came across this supplier for the first time so i tried them out.

http://www.wanapart.co.uk/car-parts/

I bought some e46 rear strut mounts, M20 water pump, thermostat, timing belt, tensioner and water pump. They are all Febi-Bilstein and their prices are good. They all arrived safely packed with no trouble so i'll be using them again.

...peter