View Single Post
Old 1st August 2010, 08:29

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulC View Post
"Nice ideas, shame about the quality". Stories abound of people having to cut doors in half and rebuilding them.

Spats? Hmmmmmmm, not sure. In my mind's eye I'm hoping for something similar to the D24 with wire wheels and it would be a shame to hide them behind spats..... How difficult would it be to offer them as an option? They'd need to be quick releasing anyway, camlocks or Dzus fasteners perhaps, for wheel changes. Let me search for pictures of a few cars with them and ponder a bit more.

Might take you up on that visit. I work a week on/off roster so am often around midweek. Would call first of course.
Paul,
I think with the Banhams ( THE 130 SPYDER ) the quality would have been more acceptable if the price was a bit more quality related...There hadn't been too much modification work done to the original M & W body they started with , the stretch was pretty straight forward and M & W bodies aren't too bad in their stock state...From memory the bodies were about £2000 approx 10-15 years ago .....also as the moulds became tired , the later ones were showing signs of that....

My bodies need work , they aren't ''polish the gel and use'' , they will need filler work to straighten out and blend the build process scars etc....They are only £750 though.....I am realistic about the level of car I'm trying to offer.....I feel that their is probably more people around nowadays who are in a position to put time into a build rather than money...Their are other high dollar options available ( Porsche Spyders , Kougar Monza's etc.. ) and if someone wants a high dollar SAMMIO , thats possible as well. I can happily take the car to any level required and have excellent paint and body guys in my network as well as decent trimmers etc.....but a home builder can genuinely put a nice example of one of these on the road for £2000 ......FRUGAL FUN is a phrase I keep telling myself and thats what first motivated me with this project and is the same motivation for the Scimitar based one as well.....

The wheelspat thing is only ever going to be an option , they will always be removeable and , as you say , suited to non-wire wheel option a bit better , probably...

Last edited by lancelot link; 1st August 2010 at 08:38..