View Single Post
Old 3rd June 2010, 22:23

Ferrotus is on a distinguished road
Default Dino 246 Builds and Discussion

My car appears to be reasonably symmetrical but I have never measured to be certain.
I was actually at Automotive when they did the lay-up of my car and, with the 206GT next to it, it appeared identical. Nothing has ever stood out as being "wrong".
Here you must remember of course that all of the 206GT's were hand formed in Aluminium and therefore there would always be some discrepancies. (I have heard of there being doors on the same car being a couple of inches difference in length!). Reference the doors, I originally made the doors to fit the apertures and at no time checked to see if one side differed from the other. As it was, my attempt at the doors (which were pretty well identical to the original as the car was sitting next to me) looked fine but the hinge mechanism was poor. So after a few years or so I had the DGT items fitted. There appears to be some extra work on the doors so it could well be that they had to "adjust" their doors to fit my apertures. Also remember that all of the 206's were LH drive.
I can't imagine that Automotive would have spent any time on making things symmetrical if they weren't - they were not that type of company!
One thing that was left when the moulds were taken was a slight dent in the rear below the number plate - it was on the 206 and is still on mine!