Thread: Running reports
View Single Post
Old 18th November 2009, 20:10
Enthusiast

peterux is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterux View Post
Ok, so I've gone and done it.

........just got to figure out the wiring now........

Peter
I can't believe it is a whole year since I bought this engine and i'm afraid it is still languishing in the back of my lockup garage. I did have a few attempts to get a spark but no success. I don't like to be beaten by a problem and i'm sure i'd eventually crack the BMW security but with the reliability issues Tim has experienced i've been thinking about another approach...

Maybe an aftermarket EMS is the way to go?
They don't have any security issues and are fully tunable and some have goodies like traction and launch control which sounds like some fun

I've started my internet research and so far come up with the following...

Megasquert and Emerald do not seem to support the twin Vanos control.

Gotech claim they can do it but want about 9000 SA Rand!

The Omex manual suggests they can support twin Vanos but no details and their customer support have so far failed to respond to my email.

DTA Fast have wiring diagrams for an M50 and an M54 with double VANOS. They haven't seen an M52 but the fact they have done an M54 installation suggests it should work. So they look favourites so far. Their customer support has been very reponsive and helpful. Very expensive but a very flexible package that seems to be able to do almost anything.

Looked at a couple of others (EFI and ???) but couldn't find anything suitable.

Are there any other makes out there that I may have missed??