View Single Post
Old 22nd July 2009, 21:30

5exiAdam is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by alackofspeed View Post
For reference, in a 270bhp 1.8t front engined application, my friend has no bother with a 625x302x32 radiator.

That's with the standard oil/water cooler, which incidentally isn't too bad at keeping the oil temp down on track.

A K03s 1.8t running circa 230bhp, in a 700kg car will not be slow! On track I suspect more time would be found by increasing cornering speeds, and braking stability, than an extra 200bhp.
Mark Matthews reckons their tt engined track car is running 275bhp. Theirs is the BAM code engine with standard internals and just a map for the extra power.

A client of mine also races in the special GTs at castle combe with his EVO running up to 680bhp on racefuel. If i go into the special GTs myself, i would like to kick his backside!

The caterhams and alike seem to kill off the 5EXIs at combe. They seem to have the edge down the straights.

Last time i was up there, the 5EXIs seemed to be running 1min18s laps, which is pretty quick, but i would have expected more. There was a Seat Leon 1.8t that seemed to be running quicker laps than our chosen lightweight rockets.