View Single Post
Old 23rd July 2005, 14:19
Big Cheese

JG has disabled reputation

Absolutely Ferg, I'm not defending what's gone on and I agree with you entirely, was just saying that I don't see it as a problem as long as the above criteria is met, if not then it is unethical imho.

TBH I can't see the Python getting any sort of foothold in this country. It is generally said that any publicity is good publicity but I think in this case it's not. People may be discussing the Python but it's generally with no sort of positivity.

I've seen the car myself and can't say there is anything about it that would prompt me to buy one over the likes of DAX, GD, AK or Pilgrim. I thought the fibreglass work was not up to standards expected on a Cobra nowadays and generally held no redeaming features that would make me want to buy it over anything else regardless of it's handling capabilities and question marks over the backup one might receive, but that's just me and what I would be looking for in a Cobra.

I think overall it's a shame. In other circumstances then the Python could have stood side by side with the cheaper Cobra replicas, use of BMW components is a bold move but with no proper prescence over hear as far as I can tell and with a kit price that doesn't seem to reflect the 'cheap' Cobra that was promised I can't see why anyone would buy one.

John

Madabout-Kitcars.com