View Single Post
Old 3rd June 2005, 11:28

5exi1stTimer is on a distinguished road
Default 5exi Turbo Engine

Hello all..

I am now ready to start playing around with my engine, cleaning it up and making sure i have all thats needed before i drop it into the chassis, however, as most of you are probably already aware, i am shall i say, a bit of a dumb ass when it comes to engines, especially one with a turbo that needs plumbing in before fitting!

I have hunted for a Haynes Manual to give me some help with "what is what" on the 2lt Turbo engine, what connects to what pipe and what parts / sensors / pipes / bolts / gaskets etc etc i am going to need but i cannot find one with the Rover 220 turbo engine in and am now stuck as to what to do next... there is just SO many things on this engine i am looking at, that makes me scratch my head. I dont even know how the turbo works let alone how to plumb it in!!!!!!

In a nut-shell... I need some advice as to what to do next. Is there a website i can go to and learn the basics about turbo engines / turbos??? Can someone point me in some kind of direction... I need a leason into how my turbo and engine in the garage is actually gonna work and bolt all together...

The rest of the build is coming along nicely so far, i just dont want to fiddle with the engine and fit it until i know exactly what EVERYTHING on it does.

My apologies for being a donut, could do with some advice?!

Hope all builds are going to plan!

Andy
Available from eBay