View Single Post
Old 28th January 2009, 20:21
Enthusiast

peterux is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbo View Post
Hi
I've been trying to get the starter motor to turn over but no success as yet. I definitely have power getting to it when I turn the ignition, so I must have got past at least part of the immobiliser system, but I think that the DME is not sending the enable signal (as no power to fuel pump either). Research suggests that this is because the control code from the EWS doesn't match the code in the DME, but apparently they can be reset to match up. Does anyone know how to do this, or is it a job for my local BMW dealership?
Cheers
Tim

Hi Tim,

if understand you and you are getting power from the EWS to the starter solenoid (black wire from EWS?), i'm not sure why the starter is not turning the engine over?

If its like the old e30 ECU's i don't think the other relay(s) kick in until the ECU sees a cranking signal.

I'd focus on getting the engine cranking over before moving on to the other relays.

If all else fails that software from Patrick below looks really useful
Thanks Patrick!!

There are other software and leads on ebay that claim to be able to re-synchronise EWS/DME. Just search on BMW EWS in descriptions and you'll see lots.

peter
p.s. i'm sending you a pm.