View Single Post
Old 14th November 2008, 19:31
Enthusiast

SDMC001 is on a distinguished road

Sconch

All this talk about big engine turbos and horse power blowns my brain, how much power do you need, the burning question bit like does size matter.

I know now my head will be on the block of the guys who have more hp than you can shake a stick at.

To be honest I have been out in the T series turbo powered and the type R, and to be quite honest they both leave you with a smile as wide as the Thames estuary, BUT you must go with what you have.

I bought a 216 bubble shape as my donor and I would say that maybe a smallish engine by comparison, though I go out with some Elise owners and in the main its only the high performance guys that I cant keep up with, although I do hit the limiter most times. If I had the choice the 1800 K or better still the 18KT would be nice.

In the matter of engine fitment, I must say the K series just go in very well, and is easy, touch wood no issues for me, I personaly would reccomend that engine choice as they way to go certainly for convenience and cheap fun.

Like any of the guys who drive 5 exi, its when the little boys ans girls in their saxos and vti pull along side its nice to let them beat you off the lights, get to the next set and bury them, albeit slighty childish, but who cares.

Steve