View Single Post
Old 9th January 2008, 07:18
Enthusiast

Patrick is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenmorton View Post
Just a quick comment on SVA, I would try to get a retest sorted as soon as and ask for the same examiner that way the car will still be fresh in his mind. In my case I got my retest within a week and the same examiner - he only checked the things on the fail sheet had been rectified.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alackofspeed View Post
I'd love to get the car back soon, but my work pressures won't allow it. There are only 2 examiners at the Taunton SVA centre, and my car's examiner did seem genuinely intrigued by the car (never seen one before), so as long as I get it back within the next month (which I hope to do), I'd like to think there will be no problems.

The tester did say he'd only check the faults he spotted at the time of the test... which didn't include the cracked windscreen!

Thanks for the heads up.
Same for me in Southampton, retest by the same guy but I left it a few weeks just to be sure I had enough time to sort everything. I left booking the retest until I was happy with the car. Got an appointment only a week or so later. He only checked items that failed first time which too about 15mins.

BTW I'm surprise they let you take pictures during the test, they nearly took my camera off me when I wanted to!