Madabout Kitcars Forum

Madabout Kitcars Forum (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/index.php)
-   Tribute Automotive Builds (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   A new project.... (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3839)

Tribute Automotive 14th September 2012 21:18

A new project....

We have just taken an order for a customer car build that will use one these:

http://i1046.photobucket.com/albums/.../IMG_1448s.jpg

combined with some of these:

http://i1046.photobucket.com/albums/...MXkitparts.jpg

A new build tread will start later this week when the project gets underway.

Down&Out 14th September 2012 21:43

What is it? dare i ask...

redratbike 14th September 2012 22:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Down&Out (Post 35138)
What is it? dare i ask...

TVR

garyh 15th September 2012 14:13

What do you do, stretch it and lengthen it? Look forward to seeing how it develops. What happened with th dash panel? You were making.

froggyman 15th September 2012 17:16

Looks very much like the one Worldclassaccident sold recently!!

seanick 15th September 2012 21:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by froggyman (Post 35154)
Looks very much like the one Worldclassaccident sold recently!!

It does seem to have an identical numberplate.......
The proportions look good for the 250 body, but the screen will be an interesting challenge as it's quite raked and relatively flat compared to the 250 or mx5.....
Go Chris Go!

Tribute Automotive 15th September 2012 21:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by seanick (Post 35166)
It does seem to have an identical numberplate.......
The proportions look good for the 250 body, but the screen will be an interesting challenge as it's quite raked and relatively flat compared to the 250 or mx5.....
Go Chris Go!

You are right and you are right about the windscreen as well, we will be chopping off the TVR frame and putting on a GRP copy of an MX5 windscreen frame instead.

Tribute Automotive 15th September 2012 21:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by garyh (Post 35149)
What do you do, stretch it and lengthen it? Look forward to seeing how it develops. What happened with th dash panel? You were making.

Yes, will will be stretching the MX kit behind the front wheels to fit the longer wheelbase. The TVR dash will be replaced with one of our more retro units.

WorldClassAccident 27th September 2012 09:17

I will try to get down to see you tomorrow and will be interested to see what you have done so far.

seanick 11th October 2012 20:10

Itching to see the latest Chris.....

andyPL 14th November 2012 17:29

I'm new so helo everyone.
I have one question to Tribute Automotive:
Is it possible to build a 250 trubiute on an old mercedes sl/slk, bmw z3, or other german car?? Which german car will be best to do it?? Maybe You can do some virtual Photoshop overlay?
Regards ;)

Tribute Automotive 14th November 2012 20:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyPL (Post 37487)
I'm new so helo everyone.
I have one question to Tribute Automotive:
Is it possible to build a 250 trubiute on an old mercedes sl/slk, bmw z3, or other german car?? Which german car will be best to do it?? Maybe You can do some virtual Photoshop overlay?
Regards ;)

Hi Andy

It has always been my intention to develop the MX250 panels onto a BMW Z3, or Z4, platform. The 6 cylinder engine platform has a longer wheelbase and is becoming more affordable. I have already done some photoshop overlay work on this , so will dig them out and post them up for you :icon_smile:

andyPL 14th November 2012 21:34

Thank You very much and I'm waitnig for photo...

bladerunner 14th November 2012 21:46

Another good german car for conversion to a 250GTO is the Porsche 924 or 944. The wheelbase is just about correct and the wheel tracks are ideal without the use of spacers. The cars also have a roof thus a roll cage and internal trimming wouldn't be required.
A kit is already available from a chap called Roy Kelly in the UK but he charges£6K for the kit and £12K for fitting a kit to your donor car.
I don't know what rules you have in the kit car manufacturing world but I am pretty sure you could produce as similar car Chris for a lot less money!
I think your D type model is shaping up very nicely and should sell at a similar rate to your MX250 models.

Tribute Automotive 15th November 2012 17:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by bladerunner (Post 37499)
Another good german car for conversion to a 250GTO is the Porsche 924 or 944. The wheelbase is just about correct and the wheel tracks are ideal without the use of spacers. The cars also have a roof thus a roll cage and internal trimming wouldn't be required.
A kit is already available from a chap called Roy Kelly in the UK but he charges£6K for the kit and £12K for fitting a kit to your donor car.
I don't know what rules you have in the kit car manufacturing world but I am pretty sure you could produce as similar car Chris for a lot less money!
I think your D type model is shaping up very nicely and should sell at a similar rate to your MX250 models.

We are always willing to quote build costs for a "one-off" car, if the base car we have designed the kit for is not to your liking. Thanks for your praise about the A352.

andyPL 15th November 2012 19:03

Did You find out the photos ?? :)

WorldClassAccident 5th December 2012 16:36

I know of a Mercedes CL that is sat doing nothing but I am guessing that would be a bit of a stretch even for an artist like you

Tribute Automotive 6th December 2012 19:46

The Merc would be a stretch, but a very nice car for the money. Really sorry to hear about your foot, fingers crossed for some better news soon.