PDA

View Full Version : start up

jeremy
17th December 2006, 19:48
Just finishing the wiring,all electrics done.Maybe I may hear the sweet sound this week.
As you may know I have put an e36 engine into the e30 chassis.I have used the low and high pressure pumps with the markin swirlpot, which is mounted in the front battery space. I have mounted the battery in the rear.Just had a thought though;there is no reason not to mount swirl pot in back,still using 2 pumps and thus avoiding all that plumbing in the front.Any thoughts?

MartinClan
18th December 2006, 09:20
I think the theory is it's better to keep the high pressure pump as close to the engine as possible - but then BMW don't do this....

Interesting that you chose to put the battery at the back. I thought about this because I didn't like the idea of having the Marlin swirl pot next to the battery. In the end I ditched the Marlin swirl pot and used a 3rd party one mounted on the bulkhead well away from the battery.

The plumbing does get quite complex with the two pumps - especially with all the different hose sizes etc. I hope that it's worth it....

Cheers

Robin