PDA

View Full Version : Rivet Nuts

MartinClan
10th July 2006, 12:38
I need to buy some more (steel) rivet nuts. I bought the last lot from fastfix but now they seem to have a minimum quantity of 500! I have been using the ones with a countersunk head. Anyone have any idea where I might buy them in "sensible" quantites?

Cheers

Robin

GreatOldOne
10th July 2006, 13:02
How many do you want Robin?

I got a ton of rivnuts (ok, several kilos of the buggers) when I purchased my gun off eBay, And probably have much more than I'll ever need. I believe they're all steel as well. I'm sure I can let you have some. Tell me how many and what size and I'll take a look tonight.

Patrick
10th July 2006, 13:09
If not CBS (www.nfauto.co.uk) sell them in smaller quantities I believe :)

MartinClan
10th July 2006, 16:46
How many do you want Robin?

I got a ton of rivnuts (ok, several kilos of the buggers) when I purchased my gun off eBay, And probably have much more than I'll ever need. I believe they're all steel as well. I'm sure I can let you have some. Tell me how many and what size and I'll take a look tonight.

I need some M5. The plan is to use them for mounting the wiring harness clips and other small stuff like that (I hate using pop rivets or self tappers) I haven't really added up what I need but I was going to buy 50 (which is probably way to many) but they will always get used for something else. Unfortunately the place I bought some from before now only sell them in 500's - probably the same place that the guy you bought your gun from got his from - LOL.

If you feel you can part with that many I am sure we can come to a suitable arrangement (as they say...)

Cheers

Robin

GreatOldOne
10th July 2006, 20:06
Will M5 x 0.8 do you? If so, I've got 50 with your name on. If they're OK, Drop me your address via PM and I'll send them out to
you.

I also have a fairly large quantity of M4 and M6 as well, if you want to mix (for smaller or larger wiring harnesses?)