PDA

View Full Version : MK1 Wiper system wiring

EddyP
2nd June 2006, 10:07
Hi Guys,
Has anyone got a circuit diagram for the MK1 windscreen wiper wiring, it seems to be missing from my mk1 book, not sure why, most annoying as its the main bit I need, i know there must be a timer unit, and then i think it uses relay module 1 to do all the switching, but im not entirely sure on the exact wiring, hence wanting the diagram.

GJGB
16th June 2006, 12:36
Hi Guys,
Has anyone got a circuit diagram for the MK1 windscreen wiper wiring, it seems to be missing from my mk1 book, not sure why, most annoying as its the main bit I need, i know there must be a timer unit, and then i think it uses relay module 1 to do all the switching, but im not entirely sure on the exact wiring, hence wanting the diagram.

Did you get it sorted or are you still in need?

I can copy (or scan) the circuit diagram from the 827 Rover Electrical Fault Finding Manual (page 36.2 ref XM1271) if you still need it. The circuit does involve the Wiper ECU and a relay - even ignoring the headlamp wash :)

Greg

EddyP
19th June 2006, 09:34
i think ive got it sorted now thanks, found a breakers with the parts and they had the rover manual with that page, so borrowed it and copied it :)
gonna try and get it wired this week and see if it works.
Thanks anyway :)