PDA

View Full Version : Updated Build Picture

bigrich
1st February 2006, 17:46
Photo below shows situation as of last week....still hoping for Easter finish?#$*

http://freespace.virgin.net/richard.barr/DSCN1098.JPG

MikeN
14th February 2006, 10:59
Hi Rich, you and I look to be at a similar stage though you are slightly ahead.
Just noticed that you have the black springs at the front, which is kind of making me wonder ifI have put the springs in mine the wrong way around.
I have two sets of springs, 1 Blue coloured set and 1 Black (longer) set. I did not know which were which so looking at the Marlin build photo's and WKC build photo's I determined that the coloured ones go at the front and the black one's go at the rear.
Now seeing yours I am not sure.

Anyone else have any information?

Regards

Mike

bigrich
14th February 2006, 11:44
Mike,

Had the same problem myself originally. All of my springs are black!

Discussed this with Marlin and basically the wire gauge on the rears is thicker than the fronts...which makes sense as there is the engine at the back.

HTH

Rich

PS I'm planning on completion between Easter and May....what are your plans?[/list]

MikeN
14th February 2006, 11:58
Thanks Rich for the info. Will go and check my springs now!

As to when I will finish? to be honest have not got a clue. Would be much faster but work, the wife (always finding jobs that need doing on the house etc) and the fact that I am always seeming to be missing a particular part or tool tend to slow things down a bit.
Hopefully by the end of the year if I am really lucky.

regards

Mike :eusa_pray:

MikeN
14th February 2006, 12:03
Rich just looked at my springs again. Basically the front colured springs are longer but thinner guage than the Black springs. So I think it should be alright.

Thanks

Mike