PDA

View Full Version : Stoneleigh 2014

fatbloke
28th January 2014, 11:40
Although the Stoneleigh show isn't until May 4th and 5th I wondered how many Tribute owners were planning on going and how we could arrange to have a specific area for us to display our cars in - other marques had their own areas at the last show.

I'm very hopeful of being on the road by this date, albeit unpainted, and it would be good to meet all those I've been chatting with on here for the last year or so.

EL PRIMER
28th January 2014, 12:08
I know the Shadow is going. He has lost his internet access at the moment so hasn't been on here but I met him at Chris's the other day and he is definitely going.
I am not sure as to if I will be there yet.

WorldClassAccident
28th January 2014, 12:11
I plan to be there as an official representative of the Tribute Automotive Owners Club.

In fact it will probably be the first official meeting for the club. I better get on and organise something quick!

[edit] Just downloaded the club booking form and looks like I am too late : PLEASE COMPLETE AND RETURN THIS FORM BY 3rd JANUARY 2014 TO CONFIRM YOUR CLUB STAND

Will try anyway

[EDIT AGAIN]
There will be a Tribute Automotive Owners Club stand! Details will be emailed to all club members. Don't forget it is free to join the TAOC!

Drummajor
29th January 2014, 09:22
I will be there , in my MX250 c

WorldClassAccident
29th January 2014, 09:40
Hopefully you got the TAOC email

Danny_HUFC
29th January 2014, 09:59
i got the email, just waiting on a reply from work if il b off or not as i may be stuck in Germany. would love to go though.

Drummajor
5th February 2014, 17:06
I can only go on the Sunday . Will I still be able to park inside with the other tributes ?

Tribute Automotive
13th February 2014, 20:45
I can only go on the Sunday . Will I still be able to park inside with the other tributes ?

I would be really happy to make a space on our stand in the main show hall if you can make it there before 9am on the Sunday.

And that also applies to someone with a finished MX250 hardtop too. Anyone?

Drummajor
14th February 2014, 14:41
Chris, I will do my very best to be there before 0900 hrs ( sorry been around military guys too much recently ) . It will even have a wash and brush up for he day, and maybe even a new set of wheels :)

Drummajor
14th February 2014, 15:11
How about Monday instead of Sunday ?

WorldClassAccident
10th March 2014, 09:36
Confirmed our position of 49B which is just by the Westfield pitch.

There is room for up to 20 cars so hurry up and complete your builds.

All TAOC members will get full details when I get them, so far I have only had the details over the phone. There will be passes for non-kit cars apparently but I don't how many, probably 1 or 2.

Tribute Automotive
10th March 2014, 18:02
Good work Nick, it will be great to see some owners again with finished and unfinished cars alike.

I have just confirmed the Tribute Automotive indoor stand postion, Hall 1 Stand 1 to 5, the same location as last year.

Jason (DrumMajor) has confirmed he will be putting his MX250C on the stand, and there will be various other cars in various states of finish, but what I need now is a finished MX250 hardtop to complete the line up.

landmannnn
10th March 2014, 19:39
I need to get a move on to finish mine then.

TheLaughingCow
10th March 2014, 22:25
I'll be attending stoneleigh (and the associated TAOC meet) and am the proud owner of an MX250 hardtop that will be finished by the end of the week! you're welcome to use mine on the stand

Tribute Automotive
14th March 2014, 20:31
I'll be attending stoneleigh (and the associated TAOC meet) and am the proud owner of an MX250 hardtop that will be finished by the end of the week! you're welcome to use mine on the stand

Thank you Martyn, looking at your pictures I would be more than happy to have your car on the stand :icon_mrgreen:

Drummajor
27th March 2014, 09:25
Hotel booked, new wheels bought ,mot passed, can't wait :)

adventuresoftimtim
27th March 2014, 10:42
Does anyone know if there will there be any a352's there for me to take a look at/chat about? cheers :)

WorldClassAccident
27th March 2014, 12:38
There will definitely be MX250s and a Z300s. The re are no A352 club members at present and I think Patoune has the only examples on the road and he is over in France

fatbloke
29th March 2014, 09:41
I'd love to commit to mine being on the road but somehow I don't think it will be :-( I shall have to come down in the Prius just for a look around.

Tribute Automotive
30th March 2014, 20:24
Does anyone know if there will there be any a352's there for me to take a look at/chat about? cheers :)

We won't be taking an A352 to Stoneleigh this year, but I am confident that Scottie will be there with his A352. Fingers crossed. Scottie?

Scottie22
30th March 2014, 21:04
Just what I need right now! MORE PRESSURE!!

I will do my best, but can't rush it. :-)

Tribute Automotive
30th March 2014, 21:23
Just what I need right now! MORE PRESSURE!!

I will do my best, but can't rush it. :-)

Really don't want to pressure you, please don't rush on my account :hug:

WorldClassAccident
30th March 2014, 21:30
Getting mine painted in the next few weeks.

Black, definitely black or barchatta rosso

or black

WorldClassAccident
14th April 2014, 10:01
Okay Guys - I have just had the confirmation details through for the show.

The show is open to the public on Sunday and Monday.

We have club stand 49B.

We have access to this from 10am on Saturday and I have two passes for cars (kit or non-kit) for Saturday to help set up the stand.

If anyone is planning on camping on the Saturday night (I will be) there is live music and a bar.

We have to clear off by 10pm Monday night.

I need to have a think about what we do with the stand we have been given - Any ideas welcome.

Chris - Anything you want from us?

Me and my car will be there from about midday Saturday until early evening Monday.

WorldClassAccident
14th April 2014, 12:38
I have just ripped this off directly from the Westfield website showing what they plan for the weekend. They have done it before so probably have some idea of what they are doing so I plan to copy them.

Exterior Club Stand
The following activities will take place on the exterior club stand.

Member Autojumble. - Bring stuff you want to sell / swap
Membership services. - I will keep the spreadsheet up to date
Our all new merchandise. - We don't have anything planned yet but there have been some suggestions made. I propose to wait until after the first AGM - see below
Best in show competition (Judged by who ever turns up in a blind ballot) with 1st , 2nd and 3rd prizes. If you park on the club stand in a Tribute you’re included. Prizes may well just be a certificate and what ever I can blag from the main hall.
Members drop off area (helmets, coats and bags that you don’t want to carry around all day) - stuck in the boot of a car most likely
Some seats.

Manning the exterior stand.

No-one wants to be stuck on the stand all weekend so we will try to take it in turns but no promises. The more volunteers the less we’ll all have to do. If people can bring A4 fact sheets about their cars we can hand them out to interested people.

AGM - 2pm Sunday on the club stand
Agenda
Agree we like the idea of an Owners Club
Identify anyone who wants to take on any responsibility
Decide is we should have membership fees and if so, what the fees should be used for
Choose if there is any TAOC memorabilia we want to produce and choose who will organise that
Decide what the next event will be and when

garyh
14th April 2014, 13:28
WCA, shameful...:eyebrows:

WorldClassAccident
14th April 2014, 13:47
Shameful but quicker and more reliable than me thinking of stuff ;-)

WorldClassAccident
14th April 2014, 13:53
AGM Update - Mr Towed vs WCA on silver vs black - which is the best colour?

Scheduled to start shortly after beer o'clock on Sunday

Drummajor
14th April 2014, 20:27
Can my car be included in the best of show?
It will be parked inside, not outside on the TAOC stand .
:)

WorldClassAccident
14th April 2014, 20:56
Of course it can but we will try to get you access to the Club stand when you arrive.

TheLaughingCow
15th April 2014, 11:45
Can my car be included in the best of show?
It will be parked inside, not outside on the TAOC stand .
:)

same here ( i think )

TheLaughingCow
15th April 2014, 12:01
i'm booking a hotel today, (for the saturday night) so i don't have to leave at stupid o clock sunday morning!

Normally i'd be up for camping but Since i'm bringing Mrs Cow and treating her to a weekend out in the MX250 i'm afraid camping is off the agenda!

My exhaust is being fabricated and fitted this weekend apart from some interior bits, I should be all set for stoneleigh.

Drummajor
15th April 2014, 15:08
i'm booking a hotel today, (for the saturday night) so i don't have to leave at stupid o clock sunday morning!

Normally i'd be up for camping but Since i'm bringing Mrs Cow and treating her to a weekend out in the MX250 i'm afraid camping is off the agenda!

My exhaust is being fabricated and fitted this weekend apart from some interior bits, I should be all set for stoneleigh.

Me and my good lady are booked into the premier in just up the road

TheLaughingCow
15th April 2014, 19:42
Probably the same premier inn, Coventry south?

Drummajor
15th April 2014, 19:46
Yep :)

Tribute Automotive
15th April 2014, 20:33
I have just ripped this off directly from the Westfield website showing what they plan for the weekend. They have done it before so probably have some idea of what they are doing so I plan to copy them.

Exterior Club Stand
The following activities will take place on the exterior club stand.

Member Autojumble. - Bring stuff you want to sell / swap
Membership services. - I will keep the spreadsheet up to date
Our all new merchandise. - We don't have anything planned yet but there have been some suggestions made. I propose to wait until after the first AGM - see below
Best in show competition (Judged by who ever turns up in a blind ballot) with 1st , 2nd and 3rd prizes. If you park on the club stand in a Tribute you’re included. Prizes may well just be a certificate and what ever I can blag from the main hall.
Members drop off area (helmets, coats and bags that you don’t want to carry around all day) - stuck in the boot of a car most likely
Some seats.

Manning the exterior stand.

No-one wants to be stuck on the stand all weekend so we will try to take it in turns but no promises. The more volunteers the less we’ll all have to do. If people can bring A4 fact sheets about their cars we can hand them out to interested people.

AGM - 2pm Sunday on the club stand
Agenda
Agree we like the idea of an Owners Club
Identify anyone who wants to take on any responsibility
Decide is we should have membership fees and if so, what the fees should be used for
Choose if there is any TAOC memorabilia we want to produce and choose who will organise that
Decide what the next event will be and when

Sounds good to me. I will sort out a 'Best in Show' prize :first:
I am getting some T Shirts printed, so will do a few spares in case anyone wants one. Need to build a car too, better crack on.....

WorldClassAccident
15th April 2014, 21:35
Cheers Chris - will discuss the details over a beer on Saturday when ever I manage to get there.

Hopefully get my caqr back tomorrow or Thursday from the paint shop. Just got ot get the clobber back on it and an MOT for the show

Anyone who was thinkning of parking in the carpark instead of the TAOC stand have a look at this picture. It looks like you can drive your car to the club area and home again even if you are just there for the day.

Please try and join the stand, we want as many as possible there.
http://www.nationalkitcarshow.co.uk/assets/images/db_images/db_stoneleigh_kitcar_show_2010_outside__3_1.jpg

Mark87
25th April 2014, 18:00
Will it be okay to just come on sunday and park on the toac stand?

WorldClassAccident
25th April 2014, 18:21
Yes!

Everyone welcome for as long or short as you can manage

WorldClassAccident
26th April 2014, 18:10
7 days to go - who is ready?

WCA in Z300s
Chris of Tribute in a Cobra probably?
Drummajor in an MX250

Add your names to the list!

Dave Lowes
27th April 2014, 14:50
I would love to bring mine but there is still loads of bits to finish off :(

TheLaughingCow
27th April 2014, 15:24
[QUOTE=WorldClassAccident;54744]7 days to go - who is ready?

WCA in Z300s
Chris of Tribute in a Cobra probably?
Drummajor in an MX250
Thelaughingcow in an mx250

Add your names to the list!

Tribute Automotive
27th April 2014, 17:46
WCA in Z300s
Chris and Dan of Tribute in a Kobra
Richard Bird of NUBODI LTD in a Kobra
Drummajor in an MX250

Drummajor
27th April 2014, 18:05
WCA in Z300s
Chris and Dan of Tribute in a Kobra
Drummajor in an MX250

Drummajor in a MX250 spyder !!

WorldClassAccident
28th April 2014, 14:39
Here is an example of the 'fact' sheet I will be sticking to my car. It saves having to be sat there explaining it to too many people. Also helps others when people ask about different cars on the club stand. Facts can be a loose interpretation of what you feel about the car rather than the actual reality if you like.

If you can knock up something similar to stick under the windscreen it would be good. I will also be including directions to the Tribute stand just to make sure Chris is flooded with orders from the inspired passers by.

Z300s Barchetta
Tribute Automotive

Body
This is not a replica of any specific vehicle but rather it is inspired by the open race cars of the late 1950’s and particularly the Maserati 300S

Engine
The engine is a 2,793cc (2.8 Litre) naturally aspirated straight 6 cylinder double overhead cam BMW unit putting out 193 BHP and just over 200lb/ft torque

Numbers
0-60 in 6.6 seconds
Top Speed of 142 mph (allegedly)

Value
Hard to say as it is unique but the the ex-Bill Spear/ Sherwood Johnston 1955 Maserati 300S sold for £4,033,500 inc. premium at Bonhams. Okay, that had a better pedigree than this one but we can always hope

Tribute Automotive
28th April 2014, 20:07
WCA in Z300s
Chris and Dan of Tribute in a Kobra (unfinished)
Drummajor in an MX250C
Andy McMillian in an unfinished MRS200
Andy McMillian's 1st MRS200 (finished) driven by the new owner Nathanial John .
Gary Wilkes MX250 hardtop (currently being painted)
Paul Stephens MX250 hardtop
Mark Oseland (Mark87) MX250 hardtop

Hammy
29th April 2014, 14:53
WCA in Z300s
Chris and Dan of Tribute in a Kobra (unfinished)
Drummajor in an MX250C
Andy McMillian in an unfinished MRS200
Andy McMillian's 1st MRS200 (finished) driven by the new owner (name to add)
Gary Wilkes MX250 hardtop (currently being painted)
Paul Stephens MX250 hardtop
Mark Oseland (Mark87) MX250 hardtop
Hammy in 2.8 Z3 (outside obviously) either sun or mon

blueface
29th April 2014, 21:56
What day will you guys be there - just Sunday or both days? I'm strongly considering visiting buy will only be there on the Monday.

WorldClassAccident
29th April 2014, 23:27
I am there both days

Tribute Automotive
30th April 2014, 20:34
What day will you guys be there - just Sunday or both days? I'm strongly considering visiting buy will only be there on the Monday.

As Nick says, he (and I am sure others) will be manning the outdoor "Club" area both days, whilst Dan and myself (again with help from other lovely folk) will be in Hall 1 for the whole show. See you there.

Drummajor
30th April 2014, 20:41
As Nick says, he (and I am sure others) will be manning the outdoor "Club" area both days, whilst Dan and myself (again with help from other lovely folk) will be in Hall 1 for the whole show. See you there.

Not sure " lovely" best describes me !! ?

Tribute Automotive
30th April 2014, 21:21
Not sure " lovely" best describes me !! ?

True, but can't swear on here!! :hug:

Having requested many passes for everyone to get into the Show I still don't have them yet. The security guys on the gate will have them and your details on your arrival, but any problems just give me a call on 07901 544241.

WorldClassAccident
3rd May 2014, 08:29
I have managed to get the small gazebo into the car so the TAOC stand will have a gazebo with blue balloons tied to it.

Tribute Automotive
5th May 2014, 20:22
:Just a quick post to say a huge thank you to everyone who went that extra mile to help out on the Tribute Automotive Stands and bring their cars along to Stoneleigh. I will name names and post some pictures tomorrow. Thanks guys.:grouphug:

AndyP85
5th May 2014, 21:19
T'was good to see you and Dan Sunday and today!
Also good to see the Kobra, which is looking wonderful :biggrin:

AndyP85
5th May 2014, 21:21
T'was also good to see WCA and Patton aswell! :biggrin:

WorldClassAccident
6th May 2014, 08:36
While we are doing the group hug thing can I add it was great to see everyone and all the cars.

The only slight fly in the ointment was the Owners Club AGM which the president (me) forgot to hold. There was a sort of informal one held in the hall at some point on Monday afternoon which is detailed on the Club sticky thread.

Summary - Great weekend with much sunshine and beer consumed by me!

Tribute Automotive
6th May 2014, 10:53
While we are doing the group hug thing can I add it was great to see everyone and all the cars.

The only slight fly in the ointment was the Owners Club AGM which the president (me) forgot to hold. There was a sort of informal one held in the hall at some point on Monday afternoon which is detailed on the Club sticky thread.

Summary - Great weekend with much sunshine and beer consumed by me!

Yes indeed Nick, a great effort by yourself and everyone else who attended the show, the AGM for me was just how I like meetings, short and productive!. I hear the on-site shop is now being extended and pallet racking added in the beer section!!

Thank you (in no particlular order) to the following people:

- OC president Nick Clark (WCA) and his Z300S
- Nubodi Automotive's Richard Bird and Co for their massive efforts to get the shiny Kobra there.
- Martyn Jacobs (The laughing cow) for bringing his cool vinyl wrapped MX250 hardtop along and helping on the stand.
- Jason (Drum Major) and Sophia Bate for bringing their MX250C, and for stand duty. And feeding Dan and myself!
- Andy McMillian (RedAndy) in his unfinished RS200 for inside and outside stand duties
- Nathanial John in his RS200 for inside and outside stand duties
- Mark Oseland, Gary Wilkes, Paul Stephens for bringing their MX250 hardtop's along to the OC stand
- Pat Cunnington (Patton) for coffee and chat

AND of course Dan, without whom TRIBUTE AUTOMOTIVE would not be what it is.

THANK YOU EVERYONE.

garyh
6th May 2014, 11:13
Where are all the photos of cars in attendance?

WorldClassAccident
6th May 2014, 11:15
http://www.madabout-kitcars.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4914

The title Stoneleigh 2014 - Picture Thread is quite accurate