PDA

View Full Version : Getting rid of the door handles - anyone used poppers?

WorldClassAccident
9th May 2013, 11:02
Looking for nice door handles to replace the stock BMW ones has wasted my entire morning. I found nothing with realistic prices and ended up on some Kustom CarZ style sites where I found links to these : http://www.slickcar.com/shaved-door-handles.asp

They look like they solve all my problems and are similar prices to replacement handles I have seen.

Anyone used them?
Anyone any experience of which brands are best?

This might be relevant tot he MX250 as well as the new influx of Z3 owners.

davecymru
9th May 2013, 11:28
The Lambo replica lot also use a similar item in conjunction with a remote central locking system.

I'm sure i'd seen the entire kit on e-bay for about £30?

WorldClassAccident
9th May 2013, 11:39
The link i posted was just the first I found, not necessarily the cheapest or the best. Any Recommendations from the Lamborghini guys?

WorldClassAccident
9th May 2013, 18:03
Just bought this on eBay. Lets see what I get
Shaved Door Handle Kit Brand New - Item Number 221004597905

Danny_HUFC
9th May 2013, 19:19
On my Ferrari 360 replica I used poppers and they were nothing but a nightmare! And if your battery goes flat its game over! (I recommend putting a charge point somewhere under the car or behind a bumper!) I'm not 100% on this but I was told when I fitted mine that they may fail an MOT as there was no mechanical way to get into the car? Mine didn't fail the MOT but then again it didn't fail on the emissions even though it didn't have a cat or back box ;)

I would recommend using the remote locking system from a ford transit van though as they are more robust - My mate fitted these onto his focus.