PDA

View Full Version : Paint vs Wrapping

fatbloke
23rd April 2013, 11:35
Just a quick question to find out if any of you have tried putting a wrap (either personally or having a pro do it) rather than painting. It'll be quicker but does it cost less and will it last as long?

Hammy
23rd April 2013, 15:13
I wrapped my 7 myself but would not dream of trying to do a 250. See my old blog http://hammyszero.blogspot.co.uk/

Also wrap will not loook very "60s paint finish" and to have it done by a pro will probably be more than a top notch paint job.........

landmannnn
23rd April 2013, 20:11
A wrap is £700 upwards and will last sevenish years. The car still needs painting beforehand so wouldn't be much benefit.

fatbloke
23rd April 2013, 20:20
You couldn't put a wrap straight on to the GRP then? Looks like paint is the way forwards.

Hammy
23rd April 2013, 20:45
You couldn't put a wrap straight on to the GRP then? Looks like paint is the way forwards.

Every imperfection you would see painting the GRP without prep would look the same or worse if you wrapped the bare GRP. In fact I don't think a pro would even wrap it for you in bare GRP. Trust me on the prep thing I learnt the hard way mate. Paint is the answer