PDA

View Full Version : What engine are you fitting?

Ex-Biker
2nd March 2004, 09:02
Thought it would be nice to find out a little about the cars we are building.

So here's a start.

tomboysexi
2nd March 2004, 09:18
Mark took my son and his mate out in the Turbo demo car at the weekend.

My son has not stopped talking about it.

His mate reckons it's lethal and will need some dramatic turning down on the boost.

I am easily pleased and would fit a 1.6 unit myself, but any joint venture has to be a compromise.

Tomboysexi :eusa_hand:

Dadiowe
28th March 2004, 21:09
Just been down to see the car and put a deposit down. I am expecting the car in june and have got hold of a non running turbo vitesse to use. The plan is to get it running and use the abs system and install traction control to handle the power. This should keep me busy until june.

Ex-Biker
28th March 2004, 23:13
Welcome Dadiowe

The ABS & traction control should be an interesting fit.

Dadiowe
29th March 2004, 22:26
Just trying to get the engine going at the moment once thats done i will start playing with the traction control on the donor car so it will be ready. Is Your car finished?

31st March 2004, 18:30
I picked up part of my kit in december and have just been down again to collect the 2 litre turbo engine that Mark had in his demo car plus the rest of the kit. The powder coated chassis is showing signs of rust so I will be sorting out this weekend before starting the build over easter

Ex-Biker
31st March 2004, 20:06
Welcome Nick.

Saw the chassis of the purple car stripped out the other week and noticed some rust on that, but did also notice the car had been built with little (or no) rust proofing. ie sealant etc around the rivnut holes etc.

Also noticed the new chassis' have a much nicer finish than the first batch.

I guess you will have nearly fitted the engine now and will be on the road in a few weeks :biggrin: :eusa_eh:

1st April 2004, 11:10
No haven't started yet. I have been waiting for the weather to improve a bit so I can spray the whole chassis which is in my garage. The rest of the car is in the my bedroom, spare bedroom, study, hall etc.

holgate86
2nd April 2004, 16:20
Picked up kit on 28/02 and intend fitting 2.0 turbo

dylanp
6th April 2004, 10:26
Hello all...

I'm fitting a 1.6l engine with the intention of fitting a supercharger (if Mark at Marlin gets it ready in time)

Dylan

Tim
10th May 2004, 21:43
Hi all just got round to signing on. I'm building one with a 1800 vvc from a218 coupe

Ex-Biker
21st February 2005, 09:04
Just thought it might be nice for the newer guys on the forum to add details of their build here.

limpabit
21st February 2005, 09:28
I'm building a turbo version. Not sure how to add my vote though. if we could all vote it would also give an indication of how many are being built.

5exi1stTimer
21st February 2005, 12:33
Not sure how to vote, however i am building a Turbo version too!

Hello to all builders!

Andy

JG
21st February 2005, 20:59
Ok, you should be able to vote now. Had the function turned off a while back.

Cheers, John

Madabout-Kitcars.com

limpabit
17th May 2005, 15:38
I wonder how many builders there are to date.