PDA

View Full Version : Is my kit too common?

Ex-Biker
25th February 2004, 15:53
I have one of the first Marlin 5exi's. :biggrin:

However, I think this car is being just a little too successful. When I picked mine up on 20/12/03 I was one of the first 7. :confused:

This weekend 5 more are being collected and in 2 weeks time 5 more. Add to this the orders they have for over 10 more, don't you think it is just a little too common? :doubt:

Marlin reckon they will sell iro 40 this year. Not bad for a new model and they have 2 other cars they sell too. If they keep this up the 5exi will be as common as the '7' at shows. :cry:

I want a rare car so will all the magazines stop telling everyone how good a car it is! :eusa_hand:

kitcarman
25th February 2004, 22:48
Mark,
Let’s get this in perspective. :confused:

Robin Hood, when they have a weekend of collections arranged, despatch in excess of 100 of their kits at a time. :cool:

It shall be a while before 5exi’s outnumber sevens at shows :eusa_doh: – me thinks.

Having said that, it’s good to see a car succeeding :biggrin: – in spite of its name :eusa_naughty: and colour scheme :eusa_shifty: .

Den.

D-Angle
26th February 2004, 10:02
I don't know about common, but similar to something else I've seen. Does the 5EXi bear any relation to the Strathcarron (http://www.strathcarron-sports-cars.com/PHOTOS/photos.htm)?

Regards,
Justin
:)

Ex-Biker
26th February 2004, 10:22
Den

The silver one that your mag is testing soon makes a massive difference to the way the car looks.

When me and Jo (the better 'alf) went to look at the car originally she hated it. It was only after we played with some photos on the computer to change the colour scheme that she came round.

Look at it another way. If they can sell this many from the purple car how many would they have sold if they had launched the silver one first ?

I don't know about common, but similar to something else I've seen. Does the 5EXi bear any relation to the Strathcarron (http://www.strathcarron-sports-cars.com/PHOTOS/photos.htm)?

Regards,
Justin

Justin

Don't go there! :eusa_naughty:
The strathcarron is not a kit car, the 5exi is.

Ex-Biker
26th February 2004, 11:36
I'll rephrase my last answer.

I am not in a position to publically comment about any similarities between the Strathcarron and the 5exi.

Obviously anyone else can answer the question. :cool:

Den
YHM

vojx
26th February 2004, 14:43
Den

Regards,
Justin

Justin

Don't go there! :eusa_naughty:
The strathcarron is not a kit car, the 5exi is.

Too right, they're nothing alike. The headlights make all the difference. Am I missing something? Why copy the Strathcarron? And why doesn't someone make a McLaren F1 replica????

I'm confused

LexSport
26th February 2004, 14:47
It’s beyond me :eusa_doh: . What should I be featuring instead? Any ideas?
Yes, the article proposition I just mailed you about. :biggrin:

Darran

Ex-Biker
26th February 2004, 15:06
It’s beyond me :eusa_doh: . What should I be featuring instead? Any ideas?

Den

I'm not sending you any more ideas. :biggrin:

Then again I did hear of this guy who with a partner found a niche in the kit car market so designed a car and looked to manufacture it . . . . . . . :eusa_whistle: :wink: