PDA

View Full Version : Expanding foam

Charman.tech
8th April 2012, 19:16
Simple question, does anyone know if can you fibreglass over expanding foam???????????

Roadster
8th April 2012, 19:21
yes this is the method i formed my rear wings

lancelot link
8th April 2012, 19:21
I haven't used it but I know people have ....so its probably a yes , can't see why not....

thought I would reply on line this time - don't want to be told off again !! :biggrin1:

Charman.tech
8th April 2012, 19:25
I haven't used it but I know people have ....so its probably a yes , can't see why not....

thought I would reply on line this time - don't want to be told off again !! :biggrin1:

Gary, Lucia My wife has been apologetic all day, I may use this to my advantage to spend all day in the garage tomorrow, she is truly sorry.

Peter

Charman.tech
8th April 2012, 19:29
Thanks all I was just concerned that there may be a chemical reaction and melt the foam.

I am going to foam fix my plywood bulkheads and fibreglass for strength afterwards.

Madmark has unkindly named our car "The Plywood Special"

lancelot link
8th April 2012, 19:31
Gary, Lucia My wife has been apologetic all day, I may use this to my advantage to spend all day in the garage tomorrow, she is truly sorry.

Peter

Peter ....I don't need an apology .... not a problem - quite funny really .....and don't you just love a feisty woman !!

tlrtone
8th April 2012, 19:32
I'm using expanding foam for the rear corners or the cockpit and also as sound deadening... I chose the fireprooof stuff as I had some in my garage from a previous building job!

They use expanding foam to create car audio speaker boxes and door panels as you can shape it quite easily with a knife when it is set.

Charman.tech
8th April 2012, 19:36
I'm using expanding foam for the rear corners or the cockpit and also as sound deadening... I chose the fireprooof stuff as I had some in my garage from a previous building job!

They use expanding foam to create car audio speaker boxes and door panels as you can shape it quite easily with a knife when it is set.

That's what prompted my question, was on my mind and then I saw your thread

lancelot link
8th April 2012, 19:36
Madmark has unkindly named our car "The Plywood Special"

wood be about right ......what a sap...

tell him to get knotted ........the plank !!

might be a grain of truth in that.......

etc etc ....I'll get my coat .........I'm board now !! ( eye thank yew..... )

Charman.tech
8th April 2012, 19:41
wood be about right ......what a sap...

tell him to get knotted ........the plank !!

might be a grain of truth in that.......

etc etc ....I'll get my coat .........I'm board now !! ( eye thank yew..... )

don't look behind you, there are several men in white coats!!!!!!!!!!!!!