PDA

View Full Version : Where are all the Sammios?

AndyP57
29th March 2012, 09:23
Gents, I got to thinking about where all the Sammio cars are, whether fully road legal, at a stage in build or even at the planning stage and as an experiment, thought I'd turn to google maps.

I've seen this done on other forums and it could be of use to find that there is another Sammio enthusiast on your doorstep that you hadn't even known was there.

As such, I'd like you to try going to the following url:
http://g.co/maps/f4ysy

Click 'Edit', Search for your post code (or city centre if you don't want to give away the exact location) and 'stick a pin' in it with relevant comments to say which variant you are building and any pertinent stuff. I've started with a red one for Spyder so maybe we could agree on, perhaps Light Blue for Cordite, Dark blue for G46 (or something like that).

If you find you can't edit the map, or if you have problems in any other way, feel freee to pm me your details and I'll happily add it to the map for you.

davecymru
29th March 2012, 10:07
Excellent idea! I'll add my details in a mo.

I've also posted an idea on the Kit Number thread :
http://www.madabout-kitcars.com/forum/showthread.php?p=28657
to extend this even further and possibly wrap this together with a group owned, owners register? (just an idea)

I think that as long as we keep with the idea of group-ownership, then that fits in perfectly with our whole ethos of being not-a-club, so we don't have to rely on individuals (such as me up to now on the other thread) to do things as we can all chip in :)

WorldClassAccident
29th March 2012, 10:39
I'm there. Light blue seems to be the colour it chose for me. Feel free to change top dark blue if you can

tlrtone
29th March 2012, 20:48
I think I put a few random pins in the North Sea before I figured how to do it!

Apologies if anyone thinks there are G46 builder in the Atlantic!

Paul D
30th March 2012, 06:02
Tirtone,

You are not alone, I also managed to plant one in the middle of the Irish sea & confess I had to ask Andy to remove it for me.

Perhaps this could be a new line for Gary, 'submersible spyders'! After all, Dutton tried it - there's one for sale on Ebay right now.

Paul D.

froggyman
30th March 2012, 07:49
Help I need an idiots guide as I lost mine totally. I think it sank!!! My apologies for c--king it up.

Charman.tech
30th March 2012, 07:51
Gents, I got to thinking about where all the Sammio cars are, whether fully road legal, at a stage in build or even at the planning stage and as an experiment, thought I'd turn to google maps.

I've seen this done on other forums and it could be of use to find that there is another Sammio enthusiast on your doorstep that you hadn't even known was there.

As such, I'd like you to try going to the following url:
http://g.co/maps/f4ysy

Click 'Edit', Search for your post code (or city centre if you don't want to give away the exact location) and 'stick a pin' in it with relevant comments to say which variant you are building and any pertinent stuff. I've started with a red one for Spyder so maybe we could agree on, perhaps Light Blue for Cordite, Dark blue for G46 (or something like that).

If you find you can't edit the map, or if you have problems in any other way, feel freee to pm me your details and I'll happily add it to the map for you.

Could not peg our location, would you do it for us

G46 V8 Mk1

RH1 5RP post code

thanks

AndyP57
30th March 2012, 08:54
Hi guys.
I guess I did leave you a bit in the lurch.:noidea:

Good news is that only 2 Sammios were sunk in the process :fish2:

Step by step process follows:

Go to map by clicking link above
Click 'Edit' button
Enter your post code or city in the search box at the top of the screen
Click the search button (Mag glass)
Right click the place marker on the map
Select 'Add a placemark'
In the dialog box,
type your user name in the header box
type your vehicle details in the detail box
Click OK
Click Save in the frame to the left of the map
Click Done

That should do it.

If you make a mistake, make sure the map is in edit mode, click the place mark and click delete. then 'Save' and 'Done' as before

WorldClassAccident
30th March 2012, 08:59
This is useful, I have just seen that there is a Spyder man in Romsey, just up the road from me and one near Portsmouth.

Hi guys!

tlrtone
30th March 2012, 09:14
I think that you have to have a google account first?
I had to log on first before I could search!

Anyway, three of my Spyder builds are drying out from their North sea dip, and the last one ended up in the right place!

HouseMartin
30th March 2012, 13:16
This is useful, I have just seen that there is a Spyder man in Romsey, just up the road from me and one near Portsmouth.!

I have also made the leap and ordered a G46 for delivery at the start of May.

I see there is another G46 in Stanley, only 100 miles away! Thats is useful
I will be passing by on the way to Middlesborough this weekend, is the G46 really at the bus terminal?

Dan

AndyP57
30th March 2012, 13:57
If the member in South Nutsfield passes me their info I'll edit the pin for them.

donnysoutherner
2nd April 2012, 21:57
Added two pins by mistake!, I'm building a Cordite in Doncaster if anyone knows how to edit! I'm miles from anyone!

AndyP57
3rd April 2012, 08:10
No problems. Done!

The 1958 Rocker
3rd April 2012, 18:45
Sorry Guys, bit slow at this sort of thing so left my details, but on wrong thread, what number are you? Didn't see the idiot guide, probable because I'm an idiot!! Will see if I can sort it myself, regards simon

davecymru
3rd April 2012, 19:26
Added pin for you, you can simply mod at your leisure now :)

twined43
10th July 2012, 19:46
Hello Andy
I hope you do not mind me asking but I would like to take advantage of your good nature and offer of Sammio location plotting help.
I am poor with computers and the simplest operations leave me helpless.
If you could put me on the map I am twined43 and building a Cordite no.6 on a spitfire chassis with 1500cc spitfire engine and gearbox with overdrive.
15 inch wire wheels
Probable colour scheme old english white with dark red interior-Gary at Sammio is arranging a pair of Cobra seats as they are the lowest and the floor pan is not dropped.
My address is CM6 1ES -Gt. Dunmow Essex
I will try to sort out some sensible photos for the web site soon.
Thanks for your help (if you can)
Regards
Bob

Mister Towed
11th July 2012, 07:34
Hi Bob, welcome to the Sammio experience. I appreciate you say your computer skills are limited but it would be nice if you could put a build thread together and post some photos of your progress. Do you have any youngsters in your family that could talk you through the process?

AndyP57
11th July 2012, 10:23
No problems Bob. Welcome to the fold. You are 'on the map' :biggrin:

twined43
11th July 2012, 11:44
Thanks a lot Andy -will attempt a build thread soon!

twined43
11th July 2012, 11:45
Mister Towed-thanks for the encouragement -I should have something to show soon.

craigt
11th July 2012, 17:07
Added mine now too :icon_biggrin:

adam1979
2nd August 2012, 11:45
Lurker converted to a builder added to the map!
Cordite No.13 with a GT6 donar (that needs a lot of work).
I'll start a build thread as soon as I figure how to fit everything into the garage!

oxford1360
2nd August 2012, 12:24
Looking forward to following your story, Adam.
I like a chassis that "needs a lot of work".

Mister Towed
2nd August 2012, 15:27
Hi Adam, GT6 based Cordite sounds like my cup of tea. Looking forward to seeing some pictures...