PDA

View Full Version : GRP Shopping List For A Spyder

cbjroms
29th February 2012, 16:12
Just wondering whether someone who has already fitted the body to the frame and glassed-in the plywood panels could give me a rough isea of the quantity of materials used (eg bonding paste, glass mat, glass tape etc)?

A recoomended supplier would also be appreciated.

Thanks

Chris

tlrtone
29th February 2012, 16:21
with links to relevant products too :biggrin1:

I know there was a link somewhere to the bonding paste, but I can't find it now! :frusty:

I will be in position of putting the body on in a few weeks time as well, so I would also appreciate this info! Good call Chris! :eusa_clap:

Mister Towed
29th February 2012, 18:35
About to start that part of the build myself.

Here's the bonding paste Gary recommended:

http://www.glasplies.co.uk/2-5-Kg-Bonding-Paste-White-Special-p/bondingpastewhite2.5kg.htm

It came in at just under twenty five quid delivered and according to Gary 2.5kg will be enough...

Here's the glass-fibre kit I went for:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fibreglass-Kit-2-Metre-Including-Tools-FREE-P-P-/170766015276?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_BoatEquipmen t_Accessories_SM&hash=item27c2729b2c#ht_1112wt_698

Hopefully I've got enough to fabricate one or two bits 'n' bobs as well as bond the body to the floor.

lancelot link
29th February 2012, 21:09
with links to relevant products too :biggrin1:

I know there was a link somewhere to the bonding paste, but I can't find it now! :frusty:

I will be in position of putting the body on in a few weeks time as well, so I would also appreciate this info! Good call Chris! :eusa_clap:

Tony - as you are local and I have just bought 225 kg of resin and 240 metres of mat , I reckon I could probably do you a deal on some materials ! give us a call if we can help . . . .

tlrtone
1st March 2012, 07:30
Cool. Thanks Gary. I am away for a couple of days with work but will pop over with the balance for my kit and pick up a battery tray, lowering block for rear spring and the front grille if you have them.