PDA

View Full Version : 2500 miles in 2 weeks...

dylanp
4th July 2005, 21:14
Took the 5Exi for a 'quick' spin over the last couple of weeks...

Here's what we did:
- London - Newcastle
- Ferry to Gothenburgh (sweden)
- Gothenburgh to Stockholm
- Stockholm to Malmo
- Malmo to Copenhagen (Denmark)
- Copenhagen to Hamburg (Germany)
- Hamburg to Amsterdam
- Amsterdam to Calais
- Ferry to Dover
- Dover to London

Very happy to report that during the 2500 miles the car didn't miss a beat.. Absolutely no problems at all!
With the roof off its very happy cruising at 90-95mph all day long.. With the roof on its comfortable at about 80-85mph... Amazing amount of interest and stares in Scandinavia :eusa_dance: :eusa_angel:

The odo now reads 3600miles - not bad considering that this is my weekend toy car eh?

Come on guys... Aren't you finished soon? We need to meet up for a spin or a track day or something!!

Regards to all,
Dylan

limpabit
5th July 2005, 09:04
Come on guys... Aren't you finished soon? We need to meet up for a spin or a track day or something!!
Dylan

Is this rendering you services to speed things up :icon_wink: If you fancy helping with some electrics your more than welcome. :biggrin:

Glad to see she's doing well. Just goes to prove that the 5EXI can be used more than a toy.

Ex-Biker
5th July 2005, 14:28
:eusa_dance:

Sounds really nice.

holgate86
14th July 2005, 18:40
Hi Dylan,
it's good to know you had the confidence to take the 5exi on such a long journey, I suppose it proves the quality of the car and your build. I am just awaiting registration which I applied for two weeks ago and then i'll be off and away. It does need painting and some more cosmetic work but i want to run it for a while as it is, in battleship grey, until I know everything works as I want. How long did your registration procedure take by the way?.

Brian.

5exi1stTimer
14th July 2005, 20:16
Dylan,

Sounds like you had some mega fun scooting round europe in the 5exi...Suprised you didnt include a cheeky trip to Nurburgring while you were there tho... Maybe next time huh!!!

ATB

Andy

dylanp
15th July 2005, 09:28
Yeah - next time will definitely include a few laps around Nurburgring!

RE: registration - Terry from Marlin sorted it out for me - I think she went to the local DVLA and got it the same day..

Regards to all!

Dylan