PDA

View Full Version : Blitz Traka + SVA

rodaber
30th October 2009, 18:26
Hi folks.

Has anyone ever built a Blitz Traka. I understand that it should have an SVA test. I am also aware that some on the road have not been put through them. I know that the argument for and against but from my understanding it is required as the chassis is altered. I.e 20 inches off the back and 5 off the front.

So my questions are.
Will the basic Traka kit go through the SVA. A couple of things I have noted are the repair panels to the floor are rivited, would these need welded. The exhaust losses the back box again would this go through the test. The roll cage is bolted on would it need welded.

Many thanks for any replys.

Regards

Rod

Chris Cussen
3rd November 2009, 08:52
You may be able to get away with just registering it, this page explains what is required: http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/BuyingAndSellingAVehicle/RegisteringAVehicle/DG_10014199

However it depends on being able to prove the components came from one vehicle.

Failing that you may have to register it as a "kit conversion" in DLVA speak. In which case you must go through IVA (the sucessor to SVA). The reg you will get depends on how many components came from one donor car.

IVA is more stringent than SVA and I would suggest you contact Blitz and ask if any vehicle has passed IVA, and if so what modifications were needed.