PDA

View Full Version : smoking cosworth engine in robinhood

raggey
22nd April 2009, 20:06
Hi chaps.
I have a problem with my 2lt cosworth engine and I cant way it up.
I was getting the car ready for mot and left it ticking over.
once it warmed up it started to smoke white smoke it was that bad that I thought I would have to cancel the test, and then it stopped.
So I took it for mot passed no problem.
I noticed while the emission test was going on it was starting to smoke again but luckly the test was over and the engine was turned of.
Drove it back from test centfre no probs.
So today we went for a ride out went to my mates about 4 miles away slight smoking.
We set of on a run drove about 50 miles stopping in traffic and lights no smoke at all car ran ok.
Left the car for an hour or so drove back to my mates had a cuppa drove home no smoke.
Stopped on the street whilst the wife moved other car of the drive smoked like a traction engine.
Dont under stand why it seems to be intermitant.
It has a brand new turbo techics turbo only done about 300 miles.
can any one help.
One other thing the engines in a kit car and the ECU is behind the shelf were I had put my phone, whilst we were out the phone went off and the engine cut out , as soon as the wife answered the phone moved it away from the ECU engine ok again.
Again went out today did 120 miles went to whitby, went ok but again whilst stood on the drive it started to smoke again if I stop it and leave it it will be ok
Paul.

Knockout
30th April 2009, 19:11
Hi Paul,

Have you got to the bottom of your engine problem yet?

Is the smoke actually coming from the exhaust or from the engine itself?

I know very little about turbo engines but white exhaust smoke often means water is being introduced into the combustion chamber. Is the engine noticably using any coolant?

Chris