PDA

View Full Version : Fiat 126 based kit mystery

Dash
13th March 2009, 14:11
Can anyone recognise this 650cc based kit car from the 80's. I've just purchased it and want to know it's history. I seem to remember a write up in a kit car mag or guide but can't be sure. Anyone have a write up? The car has MCA badges on and may have been called a Dash.

chrislandy
3rd April 2009, 08:40
has this picture been approved??

JG
3rd April 2009, 19:12
it has but you need to be logged in to see it

peterux
3rd April 2009, 22:52
it has but you need to be logged in to see it

I'm logged in but can't view the picture :noidea:

JG
4th April 2009, 07:19
Sorry chaps, hadn't done it right. You should be able to see it now.

To make life a bit easier I've also put it in this post....

http://www.snappr.co.uk/mca1.jpg

Can only quote information from the mags but it looks like you have a later a cabriolet version which was offered by Dash Sportscars (the car was previously in the hands on Minari and initially the designer Aurelio Bezzi who produced it as a coupe. Fibreglass panels and steel chassis.

Would like to get it listed on Madabout, do you have some hi res pics of it that I could use to put it on the site?

Cheers, John

Dash
5th May 2009, 19:12
Thanks for that John,
I now have pieced together most of the history, as you stated originally designed by Aurelio Bezzi and developed with Mako, then passed on to quite a few different companies after Aurelio emegrated.
Mine was built in 1993, one of the last, number 26, not many made after this, just a handful. Originally penned as the "Spider" by Aurelio - later called the Cabrio.
I'm just rebuilding the front suspension after the spring snapped doing 40mph. and replacing the brakes with a disc set up of my own making. Overall I'm very happy with the car, it's well made and roomy inside, just need to put in an Abarth for that extra oomph!!