PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Gear Linkage assembly and Rear Hub Assemblys

marlinturbo
10th August 2004, 12:25
Hi,

First post here...i've just started my 5exi...the donor was a 420 gsi turbo but i believe i will be short of a couple of items that i need from a later 216 "bubble" shape car.

Can anyone point me to a link/website/scrap yard etc where I should go to get these itesm?

Other than that...I am about to start "rivnutting" the floors on!

Cheers,

John
marlinturbo

Ex-Biker
10th August 2004, 14:02
John

Firstly welcome to the 'club'.

Where are you living?

There are a couple of national companies that will be more than able to relieve you of a little cash, but normally your local breakers are helpful and cheaper.

As for the gear linkage. I used a 400/45 donor. The linkage rod was too long. I cut the weld at the gear stick end, then cut it down and re-welded it. You might be able to do the same/ similar.

Your right the rear hubs are only on the 200/25 car.

You might need a radiator too?

marlinturbo
10th August 2004, 17:21
Hi,

I'm in Taunton...so not thaaaaaat far away from you :-)
I'm going to Marlin sat morning to hopefully collect the steering rack.

yes i will need a rad as well...

i'll try my local "boys" first for the parts....

The one issue I have is the gear linkage assembly...There is obviously a linkage mechanism in the kit to attach the cables to the 216 style box for RWD application...Will this kit fit the PG1 g'box as well?

Mark is adamant that I have to get the 216 style linkage...

john.

Ex-Biker
11th August 2004, 08:08
There are 2 companies that advertise in Kit Car. Rover Spares and Viking Spares. Don't know the numbers.

You could try http://www.universal-salvage.co.uk
They have a branch in Westbury.

Or:
http://www.silverlakeautoparts.co.uk/
Bit further, but they do have a lot go through, they seem pretty cheap and they deliver.

tony-g
11th August 2004, 22:30
hi john
I am also in process of 220 turbo. I live in weymouth but i am often in taunton as my mother lives at shoreditch

all the best tony gigg

Ex-Biker
12th August 2004, 08:10
Hi,

. . . . . . . The one issue I have is the gear linkage assembly...There is obviously a linkage mechanism in the kit to attach the cables to the 216 style box for RWD application...Will this kit fit the PG1 g'box as well?

Mark is adamant that I have to get the 216 style linkage...

john.

I can't see why it won't work fine.

The orange Marlin has a 1.8l engine in it.

The PG1 gearbox is normally fitted to the 1.8l and 2lt engines irrespective of car.

marlinturbo
16th August 2004, 07:53
sorted...i called twigworth breakers...they had the bits...and a mate has collected them for me!

right back into the garage for even more rivetting :biggrin:

john.