PDA

View Full Version : Engine started :-))))))))

MartinClan
12th August 2007, 13:58
Engine started today! Started first time after the fuel had reached the engine and I had fixed the low pressure fuel pump which was DOA :-(

No real issues yet I am pleased to say. Minor blow from the downpipe to exhaust manifold joint and that's about it. The TR6 silencer was still relatively cool after a few minutes of running so I don't seem to have the problem that someone else had where it got so hot it melted the rubber mounts!

I need to make (yet another) bracket for the flexible hose that runs from the tank to the low pressure pump as it comes very close to the diff at the moment and is also about 12" long which will probably fail the SVA if I don't put another support in.

Will post a video on my website. It's a bit big at about 30Mb - does anyone know a quick way of reducing the size - I guess there must be tools about that allow you to reduce the resolution?

Robin

Patrick
12th August 2007, 15:23
Well done Robin, you could setup a youtube account and upload it. Or I could put it on my account if you want :)

Or have a look for virtuadub you can recompress it to DivX for the video and mp3 for the audio.

MartinClan
12th August 2007, 19:51
For a video (about 5Mb) go here.
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/martinclan/videos/rjm_sportster.avi

Don't those M20 tappets rattle!!!

Robin

Patrick
12th August 2007, 20:09
Well done, sounds good :D Our engine quietened down a bit after adjusting the tappets, but I found the injectors seem to make more of the ticking noise!

Rich
12th August 2007, 20:16
Excellent!

peterux
12th August 2007, 22:17
For a video (about 5Mb) go here.
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/martinclan/videos/rjm_sportster.avi

Don't those M20 tappets rattle!!!

Robin

Way hey...........

well done Robin!

GreatOldOne
13th August 2007, 18:31
Nice one! :)

Alfie
13th August 2007, 19:14
Well done, good feeling isnt it? I know that getting mine started has given me new impetus.

Alfie