Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Old No.7 Builds

Old No.7 Builds 275 kits from Dan

Old 5th May 2018, 22:18

Lucky@LeMans is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshkiwi View Post
Hi guys, just spoke to Chris and progress going really well. Should be finished and packed now for middle of next week and on its way to me. Really looking forward to that feeling. The detail work is going on so soon we should have pictures of the finished piece.

Here's the work that has been going on with front bumpers and headlight surrounds/buckets/covers - You can really see the vintage face forming now.

Front bumpers and headlight buckets
Are those light covers still the TVR ones like Kidges or a more up to date / improved version on the same theme ? The proportions on the front end look a little better some how. Is the lower valance still a separate item as per Kidges car ?
Available from eBay
Old 6th May 2018, 00:40

Welshkiwi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky@LeMans View Post
Are those light covers still the TVR ones like Kidges or a more up to date / improved version on the same theme ? The proportions on the front end look a little better some how. Is the lower valance still a separate item as per Kidges car ?
Hi LLM, Yup still TVR Griffith headlight covers. Only change has been new buckets for the headlights to fit into, slight change in proportions etc. The front is one piece, as the bumpers are fibreglass not huge weight to lift. Only a 4” trim to each end of front bumper alloy assy to allow the clam to lift over it.

Other than that front end is from same original mould. Side indicator positions are being done on monday, I have spec’d them frenched in and in a revised position to how Kidge had them. Cheers.
Old 6th May 2018, 07:13

Paul L is on a distinguished road

This does seem to get better and better with every photo.
Old 6th May 2018, 07:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul L View Post
This does seem to get better and better with every photo.
Cheers Paul, same sentiments from me. Heavily biased of course from my side but feel it is forming up really well.
Old 5th May 2018, 12:10

Barber is on a distinguished road

That looks really good.
Old 5th May 2018, 14:26

redratbike is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barber View Post
That looks really good.
Even better than really good I think!!!!
Old 5th May 2018, 17:14

molleur is on a distinguished road

Nice!
Old 8th May 2018, 05:40

Smile Very close now

Hi guys,

Hope all of you lucky blighters that got to go to Stoneleigh enjoyed it and got to spend all your hard earned cash on improvements or new projects!

As for my project we are close to finalised production. The guys are working on Side indicators, final brackets for the rear bumper and finishing bits. Will speak to Chris later but expecting all on plan to finish in the next two days. Here's whats going on:

rear bumper splash moulds and position

Rear bumper in position - Splash moulds being taken for bracket profiles. (A very sexy rear end!)

side indicator position 1

Side indicator position for frenching in - Can't see indicators as they are with me!

side indicator position
Old 8th May 2018, 16:02

molleur is on a distinguished road

Very well done!
Old 10th May 2018, 04:15

Talking The guys have done me proud!

Well guys, we got there, the kit is finished and being packed up/shipped today.
I can only say that I am incredibly happy at this point with what the photos show. I think it is stunning and testament to the blood, sweat and likely tears/beers that have had to go into this from Chris and Dan. I now have transported back 40 years to my early childhood and cannot wait to unwrap what Santa is going to bring me. 1st stage job very well done - Now the scary bit - I get my hands on it.

Dressed front pre-delivery

Dressed rear - Pre delivery

Have also started a detail conversation with the LVV certification guy over here, a few trip ups that I hadn't captured that may revolve around the roof support and airbag removal, but shouldn't be anything that can't be sorted.
(Motorsport type regs as well as new seatbelts required, i'll keep you updated) More photos soon.
Old 10th May 2018, 05:41

Jaguartvr is on a distinguished road

That looks fantastic, it should also make your mind up about fitting wire wheels, they really are the finishing touch.
Shame it didn't make it to Stoneleigh, I'm sure it would have been a success and generated some orders.
Old 10th May 2018, 06:59

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguartvr View Post
That looks fantastic, it should also make your mind up about fitting wire wheels, they really are the finishing touch.
Shame it didn't make it to Stoneleigh, I'm sure it would have been a success and generated some orders.
Cheers Jag, yes the wires are really looking the part on this, that Chris just keeps giving me surprises! Thanks for the comments, I am sure Chris and Dan must be very happy with what they have achieved. Let's hope others get a chance if the guys are happy to supply kits from this and Kidges project. As you told me a while back, deposits mean a lot!
Old 10th May 2018, 08:14

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

That does look rather pretty ....well done Chris and Dan ...
Old 11th May 2018, 14:00

Car photographer is on a distinguished road

very nice!!
Old 11th May 2018, 14:21

After Kidges build, wasn't there only talk of a roadster version? Maybe Kidge doesn't want more of his 275 coupes running around? One on another continent isn't going to offend anyone's sensibilities though.

With the upcoming Z3gato, I was happy just to get the chance of a car that I wanted and could afford. I was well content for Chris to mitigate some of the development cost in return for the opportunity to mould for more sales. It was never going to happen in my lifetime otherwise.

As Jagtvr has said, and WelshKiwi re-iterated, cash on the table helps things along nicely. Tribute are a small outfit, and project delays are always going to happen as they have to keep the cash flowing in, but dealing with Chris and Dan is always a pleasure, and I know I am going to get excellent value for money, same as WelshKiwi.
Old 11th May 2018, 15:24

Lucky@LeMans is on a distinguished road

There was talk of a convertible but for some reason Chris and Dan didn't take it on despite enquires from people with deposits. I know Nubodi wanted to order 3 units together but that still wasn't enough to get the ball rolling.
Old 11th May 2018, 15:31

I guess things must have changed then. Hopefully the 275 will pick up again. It is a nice looking car.
Old 11th May 2018, 17:37

Hi all, thanks for the great comments.
Watch this space on the 275 as I am sure once the guys have taken a breath on this one some movement will occur. The dealings I have had with Chris/Dan I think show clearly their passion to achieve bits with whatever they develop/produce but there are clear time and not enough hrs in the day pressures that they face. They have been incredibly busy over a period of time that when it includes production, manufacture, customer contact, marketing, invoice and financials, VAT , materials supply etc, I think it has been challenging for them to develop further some of the great work that has been going on in the background.
Dan still needs to really push into the “Old No 7” identity as well. As we get older time is the most important commodity we lose, my reflection would be the guys have suffered with this over the last 12-18 months or so I have been following them and in contact.
I think the 275 will likely be an option going forward but only serious requests/money will of course make that a reality. Cheers.
Old 11th May 2018, 18:22

Default More pictures

Hi guys, hot off the press from the "tinternet" delivery system. - Likely to be the last pictures for a while. Crate left as planned so is now expected on a vessel on Monday and somewhere around 45 days later will arrive at Auckland port. So probably best part of 8-9 weeks before I get my fingers on it.

front-pre delivery

One bit i like about this shot (other than the curves and lines) is that once polished up it looks like the alloy crash bar that remains behind the clam will compliment the view through the grille well. Won't be a "polluted view" with tubes/hoses and misc stuff on show.

rear - pre delivery
Old 13th May 2018, 07:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshkiwi View Post
This view of the headlights reminded me of a school ditty.

It could be the way the the sun lies, or maybe my eyesight's defective?
Is the east t*t the least bit the best of the west t*t?
Or is it a trick of perspective?