Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Formosa Builds, Ideas and Discussion

Formosa Builds, Ideas and Discussion Formosa 120 GR and related builds

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19th April 2017, 17:24

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

The car came back from the frame guy today ...He had it a little longer than I had hoped but I'm pleased with it so far ...I need to do a change to the door framing and add a steering column mount that was overlooked , but generally , its as I had hoped ...

Steel dropped floorpans , fuel tank mount , spare wheel saddle ( or boot floor bracing ) , steering column mount and tunnel cladding to be standard as well .....

Frame also has hinge mounting points fitted and 4 x door hinges will be included too as well as a framework to go inside the doors ( hopefully making them tomorrow ) which the hinges bolt directly to and a plate to mount your door latch at the rear ...

Although the frame is designed to fit a stock Bulkhead cut down to fit under the bodyshell , I am looking at creating a box section bulkhead structure as an extra to be added to the frame for a customer with no bulkhead or a very rusty one ...

The bulkhead panel that blends the body to the original bulkheads was originally going to be a fibreglass item ...now we are looking at supplying it as an aluminium panel that will be bonded and rivetted in place ...

Last edited by lancelot link; 19th April 2017 at 17:32..